If Laurie and I are completely honest, most of the presentations we have attended have been underwhelming. College lectures, research conferences (they’re the worst), business meetings, etc. are oftentimes downright boring and painful. The words “Death by PowerPoint” have become a commonplace phrase for most of us. We have committed to the art of creating and delivering presentations that are engaging and worthwhile for the attendees. We are also committed to helping others cultivate their skills as presenters and offer consultation services (typically at the same hourly rate as therapy services).
If you are interested in discussing the possibility of Laurie and/or I doing a presentation for your organization, please fill out the form on this page. If you are interested in consultation services regarding a presentation you are preparing please fill out the form on this page.
We will oftentimes spend 30-40 hours creating a presentation. However, if we have delivered similar content to a similar audience, we might spend less time preparing. Below are titles of some of the presentations we have been refining over the last several years.
- How to Successfully Fail at Overcoming Perfectionism
- Oh no! Not Another Boring PowerPoint. What Everyone Should Know About Effective Presentation Design and Delivery
- Listening Skills and Crisis Management (usually with a portion focused on training individuals to conduct a brief suicide assessment and know available resources)
- Anxiety and Stress Management- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- Procrastination: Time Management Solutions
- Procrastination: Emotional Management Solutions
- Emotional Well-being: A Study of Disney’s Inside Out
- Developing Healthy Relationships: A Study of Elsa and Anna in Disney’s Frozen